You are getting ready for a move from Delhi next month. With roughly 25-27 days left, you are doing all that you can to validate that the journey turns out flawless. In the same concern, you even spoke to the packers and movers in Delhi and they have provided you with a tentative date for the survey. Meanwhile, you are researching and visiting websites of moving companies, collecting facts and details about packing and moving, and reading FAQs.
Well, if that has brought you here, read through this post:
1. How can I book myself a professional mover?
Unless you have moved several times in the past, you would not know exactly how you should get going with your move plan. So, start with detailed research where you read all the specifications, services, and other important information given out on the company website like the overview of the company, the company’s history, etc. Do not forget to check out the rates so you can figure out which moving option to go for, what to look out for in a company, and what things to discuss and deliberate upon when talking to the movers.
But remember, finding a suitable moving company is going to be a task in itself. So, start as early as you can and give it all the time and thought to it, and use calculators to compare and shortlist a budget-friendly moving deal.
2. What documents should I prepare for the move?
Moving requires you to have a lot of documents and credentials in place. So, once you have booked yourself a suitable mover and you have gone through the agreement papers, make sure you fulfill the documentation needs and arrange the following ones in place:
• Bank statements and papers • Birth and marriage certificates • School and college certificates • House papers, legal documents • Insurance, license, and other papers. • Car papers and other registration papers. • Healthcare documents and prescriptions. 3. List the tasks one should do when one week away from the moving day.
The answer to this question would vary as per the different individuals and their moving requirements. If you are someone who believes in closing all the priority tasks early on in the moving plan, you may have already worked out this set of to-do activities, but in case you have not, then some of the major tasks that you can fulfill when you are about one week to 10 days away from your move date include:
Tasks to Close:
• Applying for address change • Gathering important papers • Settling utility payments to date • Making the needful purchases • Withdrawing cash and keeping cards ready
Things to Pack:
• A bag/box of toiletries • A folder of documents • The box of food supplies • A suitcase of travel clothing • A separate bag for kids’ essentials
4. What all things should one recall when on the last day of the move?
If you are talking about the last day ahead of your move scheduled the next day, you will have to be watchful of your schedule. You will anyway be a lot drained after you have worked on your packing chores until the final moving day but do not strain beyond a limit. The professionals are there to assist you in the process, so let them also share the responsibility and you take a back seat in the preparation process. Some of the things you can take care of are:
• Do a detailed walkthrough of the entire household while the movers are loading the moving cartons onto the moving truck.
• Meanwhile, say goodbye to the neighbors, greet them and if you have planned a housewarming party where you want to call them over, remind them of the same.
• Keep the keys and locks in a secure place once you have locked yourself out of the house with your family.
• Look over the truck loading process and see if the movers are packing the things sequentially and make sure you do not send off your boxes of essentials and utility stuff with them in a rush. Match everything to that of your inventory and know when the prospective date of shipment delivery would be so you can plan the rest accordingly. 5. Describe the right way to pack the house for a move.
There is not a single way or methodology of packing household items for the move. You can pack your household room wise or you can simply focus on the most complicated sections of the house like the storeroom, the garage, the pantry section, etc. Or if you want to, you can pack just instinctively – like, just the way you want – in whichever way you want. So, decide upon that and get started with it. Do not drag any task unnecessarily, if you are not comfortable packing things, let the movers quickly wrap up the packing chores. To ensure everything works out well and seamlessly, have a packing plan put together in place – so you can focus on all your packing chores and work them out meticulously.
6. Mention some advice that should be followed during the move.
There is not just one or two but a bunch of them that should be followed when you are relocating. Most of them are about packing techniques while some of them are about how one can make the most of a move by simply minding a few tips and tactics. For instance:
• Avoid making the moving boxes heavy • Always dismantle complex items, then pack • Pack clothing items with care and methodology • Use house items like clothes for packing • Protect the protruding corners of items before packing • Prepare the boxes and secure their bases before putting things in it • Have special boxes for special belongings • Keep the “do’s” and “don’ts” in mind before packing